- This event has passed.
Positive Psychology w/ Drs. Reckman and Niemiec
March 11, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 4:15 pm$105 – $115
Positive Psychology Meets Clinical Psychology: Character Strengths Applications to Help Your Clients
Friday, March 11, 2016 – Receptions East, 4450 Eastgate S. Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45245
8:00 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – Workshop Begins
4:15 p.m. – Workshop Concludes
Do YOU want to . . .
- Learn how to apply the latest research on the 24 universally valued character strengths into your practice?
- Help your clients/patients achieve greater happiness, better relationships, greater positivity, and self-acceptance?
- Help your clients/patients decrease depression?
- Learn how to diagnose and build on what is “right” rather than what is “wrong” or “disordered”?
- Use the “Values in Action” tools to enhance your practice and your clients’ lives?
- Review the research on positive psychology and the compelling evidence of its efficacy?
- Enjoy this informative, fun, interactive workshop with your colleagues?
Registration is now open – Please return the bottom portion of this flyer along with payment to: CAPP, 7763 Asbury Hills Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45255. Questions? Call 513.779.2181. Fees: $115 for non-members; $105 for CAPP members. Price includes breakfast, beverage service and snacks during the day. There is no parking fee at this venue.
- Define character strengths and signature strengths.
- Describe the VIA Survey and at least 2 ways you can use it in your practice.
- Describe the VIA Classification of character strengths and virtues.
- Name 3 of your signature strengths and describe how you can use these personally and professionally.
- List at least 2 validated positive assessment tools that you could integrate into your practice.
- Name at least 2 positive interventions you can immediately use in your practice.
- Identify the 3-step process common to strengths-based approaches.
- Describe how positive psychology complements (not replaces) traditional clinical psychology.
Dr. Rick Reckman, past president of OPA and CAPP, and Dr. Ryan Niemiec, author of Mindfulness and Character Strengths and education director of the global nonprofit, VIA Institute on Character, will be leading this special workshop.